In God we trust


February 06, 2020



Today, at approximately 9:06am, I sat in our television room and watched with a hopeful heart as our President stepped up to the rostrum and stood still while all those assembled there gave him a standing ovation; a lengthy ovation that I knew, he believed he was deserving of and long overdue.  One thing I was glad to see was Nancy Pelosi joining in, standing and applauding.

This was the annual Prayer Breakfast, attended by all kinds of humanity from all over the world. I believe the President said that there were 160 different countries represented.


Considering what he had recently experienced, I wanted to see how he would deal with the circumstances and the atmosphere of the occasion. The topic was religion! I believe most citizens of this great country did not consider our President a very religious individual. I include myself in that group. But, I also knew that the President was full of surprises.  He gave a wonderful speech overall, but there were a few moments sprinkled about, wherein he allowed his flesh to filter his words.


The King James version of our Christian Bible teaches us that all men in high positions of great power are installed by God’s Will.  That teaching came straight out of the lips of Jesus Himself as Pilate was in the process of passing judgment upon Him. 

I believe it because Jesus said it and I look at this current President in the same light. I was hoping that God’s Spirit would influence the heart and soul of this powerful man whom He had placed where he stood at this moment. What an opportunity this was for our nation. 


I’m not going to be one of those people the President said he didn’t like, telling you that I pray for him all the time; because it’s not true. 


You know; I doubt that Pilate was feeling God’s Spirit after Jesus told him the truth about this instant in world history and exactly where he stood in the scheme of things, but I believe that God was in control of what was taking place. God had designed and assured that these events would happen. And they did!


Perhaps I don’t pray fervently each and every day for our President but I do pray for our Nation.  I don’t know who writes the President’s speeches but I’m almost positive that the President doesn’t write them himself.  I would imagine that he is allowed input concerning any speech's content that is being prepared for any special occasion. But, I would like to know who came up with the phrase “author of life and giver of grace.” Fewer, more powerful words have ever been spoken in the halls of our government. I am sticking my neck out by writing that quote.  I relied on my memory for its’ accuracy and I know how unreliable that instrumental source can be for such important use.


Should we all continue to pray for our nation after this day or do we simply walk by faith, believing that God has control of it all?


I will always offer up my thanks to God for keeping our country heading in the right direction and along the path, He has planned for it.  I can’t foretell how our journey will transpire but I will say what our motto has always been … In God We Trust! AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words familiar to Bigfoot researchers

Bible thoughts & present opinions

My only connection with Bigfoot