Let's see what happens

After a scary night of tornado warnings and severe thunderstorms, I took Maureen to work at 4 o'clock AM and returned.  I had a lot on my mind and felt the need to purge internally.

I warmed up a leftover breakfast sandwich from BurgerKing and fired up this computer.  I signed-in and noticed that the time displayed down in the lower, right, corner of my screen was off an hour, just as if we had not already experienced a Spring Time adjustment related to Daylight Savings.  I'm going to guess that had something to do with all the blinking lights during last night's storms.  I thought it very odd but continued with my morning plans. I corrected the error and continued.

Covid-19 had the World's NORMAL settings so messed up already, I should have been expecting more weirdness. 

I was so shocked by a recent revelation disclosed by some talking head on our TV concerning the number of deaths experienced in the USA each year due to the current strain of common FLU that I began my present state of confusion. Nothing I've witnessed so far this year that has been shared by our News Outlets had done anything to clear-up said confusion.  In fact, it has only contributed to it. Our President, himself recently reported that there are 24,000 annual deaths here in this country attributed to the common strain of FLU. Where does one turn to for such data?  Back in 1963, when my Dear Mother passed, her death was attributed to the FLU, at least that is what her doctor had been treating her for, and yet I was told that she was bleeding out of every opening in her head at the time.  Does that sound like dying from the FLU?

If you are anything like myself, you probably give little thought to the subject of the annual DEATH DATA period.  Currently, we are being "blessed" with a daily Covid-19 Pandemic report from our nation's president and others on his Team.
I will be the first to admit that I quickly grew bored with the News and how it is presented to us. Our brains are being assaulted by all sorts of facts, FALSE or otherwise.  

It "irks" me personally when anyone states Data concerning this Pandemic. I always assume the reports are structured in such a way as to scare the living Bejesus out of everyone.  Our political leaders believe that they must control the public, keep them worried and very afraid.  To THIS Old Guy, it is working. I am quarantined in place with my home's occupants.  We observe "Social Distancing" all the time.  We wash our hands at a fever pitch constantly and are always wondering if we are doing everything correctly, per set guidelines.  So far, (Knock-on-wood) we have been spared contamination and sickness.  Who can say for sure, we have never been tested? But we all are in the high-risk group, old and frail.  I personally have 9 out of 10 of the listed added risk factors related to my health.  I am most frightened and cowering in my corners. 

SO, what is the truth?  Where can we turn for accurate data?

We did some research on the matter. The NORMAL rate of death in the USA, on average is approximately two million people per fiscal year. So, tell us most learned ones, how many more will die due to Covid-19 this year?  If you really want to be confused, simply try to find out what the current data reveal about the effect Covid-19 has had so far on the annual death data for our country.  I have been unable to find it or I do not understand what I am reading on my screen when I look at search results for my questions.

I doubt that we need to be worrying about Bigfoot contracting Covid-19 from any human being.  They are the Champions of Social Distancing.

As our President is always saying with reference to most matters of uncertainty, "Let's see what happens."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words familiar to Bigfoot researchers

Bible thoughts & present opinions

My only connection with Bigfoot